As readers of Scriptwrecked should already know, Michele Wallerstein is a Screenplay and Career Consultant with years of experience as a Hollywood literary agent. She’s recently released, “MIND YOUR BUSINESS: A Hollywood Literary Agent’s Guide To Your Writing Career” — which I reviewed here.
Recently Michele was interviewed by Paula Berinstein of The Writing Show, and the half hour podcast of their chat offers some terrific, hard-to-come-by information for aspiring screenwriters about the business of Hollywood.
Some items covered in the podcast:
- How the book came about
- Following the rules of Hollywood
- The need to keep proving and improving yourself
- What happens in a meeting with a producer
- Deciding what to write
- Studio vs. Indie films
- Why new writers shouldn’t team up on specs
- How to avoid shooting yourself in the foot
- The realities of executive notes
- What a writer’s career is really all about
- Step deals, pay or play
- Reinventing your career
- Breaking in as an older writer
- When to approach Hollywood
It’s definitely time well spent.